Erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve and maintain an erection to the extent that is necessary in order to be able to perform sexual intercourse.
causes of erectile dysfunction in men lie in the violation of one of the units, which are involved in an erection.These include endocrine, cardiovascular and nervous system.The main reasons for the emergence of an emergency is an elevated level of serum hormone prolactin and lower levels of the hormone testosterone.
Causes erectile dysfunction
The causes of erectile dysfunction may include:
- presence of diseases of the thyroid gland and pancreas;
- presence of stressful situations;
- occurrence of an inferiority complex;
- state of exhaustion;
- presence of injuries and diseases of the brain;
- presence of inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system, disrupts the function of nerve receptors;
- presence of injuries and inflammation of the peripheral organs and the spinal cord;
- formed Mezhuyev partners psychological climate;
- existing relationship between the partners;
- presence of disorders and diseases of the cardiovascular system features (reduction in blood pressure, hypertension, myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis);
- holding surgeries;
- presence of diabetes diagnosis;
- presence of hypertension;
- heavy presence of oral diseases;
- presence of chronic intoxication;
- insufficient amount of animal protein, observed due to malnutrition;
- abstinence.If ejaculation is not a pretty long period of time (weeks), then in the male sex hormone production begins to be suppressed.If a young man, then it will have no impact on sexual function, and if muzhchie more than forty years old, it could lead to the fact that the sexual life is completely stopped.
Signs and symptoms of erectile dysfunction
manifestation of initial symptoms of erectile dysfunction may more than 30% of men who are between the ages of 18 to 59 years old.Among the first signs of erectile dysfunction in men include:
- lack of erection .This may not be available and adequate, and spontaneous morning and nocturnal erections.In the absence of an adequate erection, but maintaining spontaneous, it is likely that impotence has a psychological nature.If there is a simultaneous violation and adequate and spontaneous erectile function disorder is diagnosed by specialists of organic form;
- presence of weak erection .As one of the major symptoms of erectile function performs decrease stiffness and frequency of erections.This group also includes the lack of firmness of the penis during intercourse.Impotence in this case may indicate the presence of neurogenic, vascular, hormonal and other organic disorders.Several less its appearance is associated with psychological problems;
- inability to save the erection .The onset of premature ejaculation possible if the disease has an organic nature and, in most cases, this symptom has a connection with vascular disorders.In identifying psychogenic impotence, premature ejaculation occurs rarely.
The experts found that in 9 out of 10 cases, the emergence of sexual dysfunction associated with adverse psychological factors.
Diagnosis of impotence
If signs of impotence in men necessary to conduct prompt diagnosis and treatment of a number of events.In this case, there is a need to develop a system for preventing erectile dysfunction.Diagnosis of impotence can be carried out in several stages.
psychological state . first appointment patient asks a doctor about problems in sexual life.Identify the symptoms of impotence is carried out after the ill filled special questionnaire - the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5), which included five simple questions.Based on the responses, the expert can be estimated the degree of impotence, prevention and treatment is chosen.
great importance in the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction belongs to perform the analysis of the psychological state of the patient.The doctor found out what the patient's relationship with the sexual partner, what kind of reaction manifested by both erectile dysfunction.Effective treatment and prevention of impotence can not be assigned, if it is determined whether or not the male anxiety and depressive states.A more effective treatment in these cases will not conduct drug therapy for erectile dysfunction treatment and consult a neurologist or psychotherapist.
No less important is the collection of medical history as the development of organic forms of impotence against a background of regular medication or performing surgery.Collect medical history needs to be possible to identify these actions and their impact on the body of men.In addition, the history contains information about the system and chronic diseases, bad habits, radiotherapy to the pelvic organs, etc.
Medical examination . Diagnosis of impotence involves performing physical examination, examination by a doctor during the estimated figure of the patient, with special attention given to the severity of secondary sexual characteristics.The survey prosecuted one of the main tasks - identifying problems that are caused by improper functioning of the thyroid gland.During the medical examination of the external genitalia is determined by the condition of the scrotum, possible changes in the shape of the penis.To determine the rectal inflammation diagnose prostate.By performing a physical examination, establishing the causes and degree of erectile dysfunction.
delivery of the analysis .The diagnosis of erectile dysfunction is to conduct laboratory studies, involving the implementation of ultrasound and radionuclide scanning, measurement of blood pressure in the blood vessels of the penis.For the most effective method to detect signs of impotence made observation of spontaneous nocturnal erections.Their length is normally not less than 20% of total sleep time.With reduced rigidity of erections percentage increases significantly with age.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction
When the first symptoms of erectile dysfunction should seek help from a doctor who specializes in diseases of the male sex.These doctors are Andrology and sexologist .Adequate treatment of impotence can be selected after the specialist diagnosis and determine the nature of erectile dysfunction.Methods of treating erectile dysfunction caused by endocrine failure, associated with the stimulation of testosterone.If there is no positive effect of the treatment for three months, it is recommended to transfer replacement therapy.Do not forget that the introduction of this hormone from the outside can choke testosterone production, so that there is a man dependent on exogenous hormone.
Video - how to cure erectile dysfunction
Restoration libido promotes supplementation group of aphrodisiacs.
- if the cause of erectile dysfunction are diabetes, inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system or hypertension, it is recommended to carry out the treatment under the supervision of specialists.As a rule, after the cause of the disease is cured, there is a restoration of sexual function.Occasionally there are situations when the doctor recommends the use of drugs to stimulate sexual function.
- In identifying psychogenic erectile dysfunction caused by psychological reasons only enough use of psychotherapy, during which produced psychological correction of disorders of sexual function.The objectives of psychotherapy in the treatment of erectile dysfunction is the removal of fear, sexual tension, uncertainty before intercourse.
- When diagnosing the true erectile dysfunction, when she has neurological, endocrine, vascular (arterial, venous, arteriovenous), traumatic origin, treatments may include conservative and surgical intervention.
to medical facilities treating impotence refers appointment of sildenafil, tadalafil and vardenafil .
In endouretralnye administration of vasoactive drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction include injection of papaverine, alprostadil, phentolamine .Side effects of this treatment is the emergence of bleeding at the site of the injection, the formation of fibrous tissue around the injection site.
for impotence treatment with alprostadil suppositories are administered directly into the urethra.In applying this method may cause pain, bleeding from the urethra, a burning sensation, formation of fibrous tissue around the penis.Testosterone replacement therapy is carried out at detecting low secretion of this hormone.
In addition, a comprehensive drug treatment for erectile dysfunction may include:
- adaptogens (drugs Rhodiola rosea, ginseng, Siberian ginseng, and so on);
- compounds that affect the vascular tone and the state of the vascular wall (extracts of horse chestnut and ginkgo);
- sedatives, which laid the basis for motherwort, valerian, etc .;
- drugs amino acid (glutamine, L-arginine, glycine, and so forth.) And others.
For physiotherapy treatments for erectile dysfunction include:
- local application of negative pressure.To be able to implement the necessary special effects used vacuum pumps, which are worn directly on the penis.When the erection is achieved, on the penis wear a special ring, which is removed after intercourse;
- holding reflexology (acupuncture, electroacupuncture).The method is not recommended as an independent method of treatment, but can be a useful component, part of a comprehensive treatment of erectile dysfunction.
having to resort to surgical methods for the treatment of erectile dysfunction occurs when blood flow needs to be restored in case of atherosclerotic lesions of the internal iliac arteries. In addition, the competence of the surgeons is the introduction of implants in the penis, which is the most expensive and complicated treatment.
Video - Men's Health, Erectile Dysfunction