Under salmonellosis understood acute intestinal infection, enterocolitis occurs as a localized infection, bacteremia, paratyphoid and typhoid fever.With the exception of the last two remaining forms of the disease are mild or moderately severe, there is a low mortality.The most severe form is typhoid, which is necessary for the treatment of from 1 to 4 weeks.The onset of death is due to perforation or bleeding, sepsis, thrombosis, cranial blood vessel, acute cardiovascular failure, or pneumonia.Symptoms of salmonellosis
for salmonellosis different types characterized by different symptoms.All forms of the disease are accompanied by fever and abdominal pain.In the case of enterocolitis noted severe diarrhea;typhoid fever - headache, constipation, and gradually increasing the temperature.
Swing incubation period ranges from 2 to 3 days.There is a possibility that develop nosocomial outbreak, when the transmission of the disease is carried by household.In this case, the symptoms of salmonellosis begins after 3-8 days.The most common type of the disease include gastrointestinal form.Among the clinical symptoms observed:
- occurrence of general weakness, headache, nausea, vomiting;
- the emergence of pain in the umbilical region;
- increase in temperature to 40 degrees or higher;
- the emergence of disorders of the chair.
The symptoms that indicate changes in the gastrointestinal tract, begin to appear after 2-3 days.In the early days the patient feels only a slight toxicity and fever.In the case of mild symptoms rather weak.If there has been the development of severe gastrointestinal salmonellosis is marked:
- high temperature and fever lasting for more than 5 days;
- cyanosis of the skin;
- expressed intoxication;
- fetid, watery stools (from 10 times a day or more), in some cases, there is the presence of mucus;
- a significant drop in blood pressure;
- changes in the kidney, acute renal failure;
- enlarged liver and spleen.
When septic salmonellosis begins a high fever, then the constant deterioration of the patients.It is noted the presence of the following signs:
- significant daily fluctuations in body temperature;
- severe chill;
- tonsillitis, appearance cholecysto-cholangitis;
- endocarditis and aortitis with the further development of the aneurysm;
- the formation of purulent lesions in the locomotor system;
disease causing gram-negative rod-shaped bacteria salmonella.Development netifoidnyh forms of salmonellosis occur as a result of the use of poorly treated or contaminated food, especially eggs, turkey, chicken and duck.Other causes of salmonellosis include contact with infected people or animals, the use of drugs or chocolate bars animal infected with Salmonella milk powder.
Treatment of salmonellosis
In the case of severe illness and medium-severe forms of salmonellosis treatment provided in a hospital environment.Patients received calcium supplements, NSAIDs.To remove toxins, patients required the administration of drugs based on cellulose and attapulgite, proteolytic enzymes cytoprotection.In order to destroy pathogens, provided the use of antibiotics.In order to accelerate the treatment of salmonellosis patients prescribed a strict diet, rates of biological products, vitamin therapy, cathartic, astringent and carminative drugs.
prevention of salmonellosis aims to prevent the spread of pathogens in poultry and animals, conduct proper cooked food before eating them to comply with the sanitary conditions in the food industry and catering.