Jaundice is a symptom of various diseases of the liver or blood that are associated with the fact that blood is an excessive amount of gall pigment bilirubin.Of bilirubin occurs during the breakdown of hemoglobin, which is a product of metabolism, which must be removed from the body.His kidneys do not filter, so it is listed along with feces through the liver.In the presence of various pathologies, in particular, hepatitis, liver is not able to operate at full strength - and the body is trying to find other ways of getting rid of bilirubin.Some excreted by the kidneys than they are under high load and, in the case of long duration may develop disease, the other part of the output is carried out through the skin, causing it to become yellowish.
symptoms of jaundice
as the main symptom of excess bilirubin in the blood acts as yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes.True jaundice different changes in skin color, eye sclera, mucous.For false jaundice, caused by excessive consumption of carotene, a se
Jaundice may be accompanied, for example, pain in the right upper quadrant, bile regurgitation hepatitis or cholecystitis.In chronic jaundice symptoms of general intoxication - headache, weakness, nausea. characteristic feature of some forms of jaundice is itching.
causes of jaundice
Jaundice is only a symptom that indicates the presence of problems in your body.To be able to conduct effective treatment of jaundice, it is important to identify the root cause of its appearance. exchange process bilirubin has a value of 3 components:
- hematopoietic system (bone marrow and spleen), it produces from waste blood cells;
- liver that collects and converts the bilirubin into a part of bile;
- gallbladder, bile accumulates and discharges it into the intestine.
If there are problems in any of these bodies may cause an excess of bilirubin in the blood and the development of jaundice.
Types of jaundice
- If the cause of jaundice is a liver, it is indicative of parenchymal liver or jaundice.The most common occurrence of this type of jaundice is due to the inability of the liver cells to capture bilirubin.This can occur, especially in the presence of any form of hepatitis, when the liver is damaged parenchyma.
- jaundice, emerged against the background of hepatitis, accompanied by itchy skin, skin becomes painted in a brownish tint.As a rule, first turn yellow whites of the eyes and mucous membranes, and later - the skin.If there had been no treatment of jaundice in the future veils acquired a greenish tint due to the conversion of bilirubin.
- If the cause of jaundice is the blood-forming system, it is called the suprarenal or hemolytic.It was with this handicap may face newborn jaundice because there is a "renewal of blood" because of the outbreak of the respiratory process, which the liver can not cope.The excess of the collapse of the blood cells can be observed in sickle cell and other types of anemia, the presence of certain autoimmune diseases, in the event of poisoning, after heart operations or lymphoma.
- If jaundice arisen because of gall bladder and ducts, this type is called obstructive jaundice, or obstructive.This form is also called mechanical or congestive than fairly accurately reflected the pathological process.
- development of obstructive jaundice due to obstruction of the bile duct, when the accumulated bile can not get out into the duodenum, and the liver is no possibility of release from the new portion.Whereby bilirubin moves back to the blood.The most common cause of blockage of the ducts and the occurrence of jaundice is the presence of gallstones, and can compress the duct tumor or scar may overlap.If you have jaundice yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes occurs gradually, because the accumulation of bilirubin in the blood is slow.Skin color depending on the duration of the disease can be painted in pale yellow or greenish.
treatment of jaundice
the treatment of jaundice primary therapy is directed at addressing the root causes of the disease, - hepatitis, cholecystitis, cirrhosis of the liver.During the treatment of jaundice destroyed bilirubin accumulated in the skin, so that he was able to smooth exit.It can be destroyed with ultraviolet light - so popular phototherapy.
physiological jaundice, for instance, neonatal jaundice, often do not require specific treatment.The therapy is prescribed only in the case of diagnosis of severe - the basis of the recommendations is frequent feeding, walking, resulting in recovery of liver function occurs independently.