abdominal hernia is a defect in the muscle-tendon carcass abdominal wall, located in the area of postoperative scar.Abdominal hernia related to post-traumatic stress.According to statistics, these hernias occur in 11-19% of the operated patients, half of whom it occurs in the first year after surgery.The development of ventral hernias in the remaining patients within the following 5 years.The risk increases with abdominal hernia operation on urgent indications.Consider the types of operations to remove abdominal hernias.
Causes of abdominal hernia
anterior abdominal wall is a complex, multi-layered structure having a plurality of functions.If the hernia is formed, the formation of a defect occurs in the most rugged and least elastic layer of the abdominal wall, which is a muscle-tendon frame abdomen.
The causes of abdominal hernia is:
- presence of hereditary predisposition;
- violation of the wound healing process;
- foul postoperative regime;
- application of technical errors commi
Diagnostics abdominal hernia
Typically, abdominal hernia diagnosis is not difficult, but at the same time may cause significant difficulties in the primary diagnosis in some patients, especially if they indicated a significant excess body weight and obesity.Then there is the need to support the use of diagnostic methods - ultrasound, computed X-ray and magnetic resonance imaging.
abdominal hernia Postoperative hernia implies a performance of surgical correction of the anterior abdominal wall, the removal of the hernia sac and plastic closure of the defect.Abdominal hernia treatment can be carried out various kinds of operations, including:
- perform traditional (tension) plastics, the defect of the abdominal wall sutured using non-absorbable surgical threads.Application of this method dopustkaetsya only if small hernia, the patient is young, no concomitant risk factors sinceThe recurrence rate reaches 30%;
- holding nenatyazhnoy (prosthetic) gernioplastki in which to place the defect of the abdominal cavity is set synthetic prosthesis (Patch).The prosthesis of polypropylene mesh cuts out, set under the skin or fascia;
- implementation of laparoscopic hernia repair prosthetic.This method is the most technically advanced and physiologically sound method of reconstruction.The operation is to ensure that the abdominal cavity in the hernial ring is placed mesh graft.In the field of hernia do not make any cuts than virtually eliminates the risk of wound complications.
hernia repair techniques selected by the attending physician.The final decision can be taken on the basis of the analysis of a variety of factors on the health status of the patient, the size of herniation, the patient's age.Also, the choice of methods of reconstruction affects the patient preferred type of anesthesia.
postoperative hernia is a curable disease.The effectiveness of treatment is influenced in the first place, the experience of the surgeon, equipped with a medical facility, and the patient carefully executed all instructions given by the attending physician prior to surgery and in the postoperative period.