Injuries of the elbow may be three groups, which include bruises, sprains and fractures.Getting any of the elbow injury involves the imposition of a plaster splint.LFK trauma of the elbow can be practiced in the first or second day after its receipt.After removing the plaster bandage recommended exercises for the elbow, including flexion, extension, rotation of the forearm palm up and down circular motion.Those same movements to be performed in water, which is suitable for a broad deep basin or bath.
Features gymnastics at the elbow injury
accepted the division of the first period of exercise training in 2 phases.In the first phase, which occurs on the second day after it was imposed plaster Longuet, in addition to respiratory and general developmental exercises provided the execution of various movements in the joints, which are free from the plaster, the hand must be laid on the pillow behind his head or be in the abduction of the shoulderjoint.The need for such a provision is to prevent the development of edema of the limbs, of pain, and to improve blood and lymph circulation.Also, the pulses must be sent to the fixed elbow and wrist joints.This refers to the execution of imaginary movements in flexion and extension;tension of the muscles of the forearm and shoulder.In the second phase of the first period, a period which is determined by a physician, plaster Longuet remove a bandage on the forearm to the elbow joint and added motion on flexion and extension at the elbow, with the range of motion is 35-45 degrees in the range of plaster.
second period includes exercises for the development of the elbow joint.It starts with the removal of the cast.The range of special exercises designed to perform in the second period when the elbow injury include:
- sit sideways to the table located on the part of the affected arm.Shoulder put on the table so that the edge of the table was in the armpit and upper arm is positioned vertically.An active flexion and extension of the arm at the elbow, the pace of the exercise should be slow, a little finger must be in the projection parallel to the earlobe.In carrying out this exercise, you can not make jerky movements in the direction of flexion and extension, helping himself with his other hand, forced flexion and extension arm.When the exercise should have no pain;
- sit down, put a forearm on a table in the fingers to keep Kata toy.The shoulder joint during the exercise must be fixed in the elbow should be done "rocking" motion on flexion and extension;
- sit or stand up and do the exercises on the block - flexion and extension of the arm at the elbow;
- sit or stand up, take a stick in hand and do all kinds of hand movements aimed at flexion and extension;
- sit or stand up, pick up a tennis or rubber ball, you want to throw and catch;
- sit or stand, leaning forward body.Both arms flexion and extension of the elbow.Perform the exercise in the air, putting his hands on his head, his head, his hands clasped in the "lock", etc .;
- sit down, put your hands in warm water at a temperature of 35-36 degrees.Perform flexion, extension, rotation brush forearms up and down in a circular motion for 10-15 minutes, 2 times a day.
gymnastics at the elbow injury
In case of injury of the elbow duration of treatment depends on the strength of what was the injury, or the degree of injury ligamentous apparatus.Approximately movement restored in 2 weeks - 1,5 months.Often, after an injury of the elbow a person is faced with complications: bursitis (an accumulation of fluid in the joint capsule, or near it) and neuritis (inflammation of nerves), which is necessary to conduct long-term treatment, in which the contra-loading the limb (hang on his hands, rests his hands, wearing gravity).Exercise therapy in the elbow joint injury in this case involves only perform those exercises in which there is no pain, the exercise should be performed slowly.
gymnastics at the elbow joint dislocation
In the case of dislocation of the elbow when the exercise therapy is contraindicated do passive movements, overextend and weary muscles, carry weights to perform exercises that can be caused by pain.Besides, we can not rest on your hands and hang on to them.Neglecting the cautions may develop a number of complications (occurrence of swelling, joint pain, reflex muscle contraction, resulting in contracture of the elbow, calcification of muscle, growth of bone deformities, such as "spurs"), which are the cause of chronic deforming arthrosis of the elbow whenit accumulated liquid periodically.If the elbow movements are limited, in the third period, we need to continue to perform gymnastics at the dislocation of the elbow in the water.In addition, the envisaged holding physiotherapy (mud, paraffin), and then - a complex exercise.Each exercise should be repeated 4-6 times in all ages, and the complex should be repeated from 4 to 6 times a day.At all stages of treatment contraindications include massage and self-massage.
gymnastics at the turn of the elbow
In the case of fracture of the elbow joint is necessary to follow the recommendations relating to the dislocation of the elbow joint hands with respect to voltage.In the second period at the turn of the olecranon is not allowed perform elbow flexion as possible re-fracture.If there was a fracture of the coronoid process, on the contrary, such movements are recommended as they do that the damaged bone was knitting.In the third period, when the elbow movements are limited, it should continue to perform gymnastics at the turn of the elbow in the water, to carry out physiotherapy treatments (mud paraffin), which is provided after breaching a complex exercise.Each exercise should be repeated 4-6 times in all ages, and the complex should be repeated 4-6 times a day.