Syphilis is the classic disease whose transmission is carried out by means of sexual intercourse.Syphilis is pale treponema.For syphilis is characterized by a slow progressive course.In the later stages it can cause severe damage to the nervous system and internal organs.The incubation period for syphilis is the time from when the infection occurred, before the introduction of the pathogen on the site appeared the primary sclerosis.
What is the incubation period for syphilis?
incubation period of syphilis in the average ranges from 3 to 4 weeks, but, it may be cut to 8-15 days or, alternatively, an increase of up to 108-E 190 is the day that ismuch less.Increase and shortening of the incubation period of syphilis by a variety of factors.
During the incubation period, the patient is infectious to others, that a high degree of confidence is established with the help of experimental studies conducted on animals, which are used histological analysis.Even if the disease is not accompanied by any symptoms,
Increasing the incubation period for syphilis
incubation period may increase if the patients at this time to take antibiotics to combat sore throat, pneumonia, influenza, gonorrhea, and other diseases.So treatment is spirohetotsidnoe effect, but doses of antibiotics are often insufficient for that conduct preventive treatment of syphilis.In addition, the increase in the incubation period of syphilis can be observed in the case of treatment of mixed urogenital infections with antibiotics (syphilis and gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, mycoplasma), and in the case of wide application protistotsidnyh funds (metronidazole Trichopolum, tinidazole, etc.).
other reasons for the increase of the incubation period of syphilis are:
- infection infection elderly person;
- presence of the disease in humans, physically impaired;
- the presence of the disease in a person with a low level of reactivity;
- infected with syphilis and chancroid simultaneously.
shortening the incubation period for syphilis
syphilis incubation period can be shortened if:
- person infected with syphilis, abusing alcohol, drugs, taking drugs, providing immunodeficiency action;
- the patient has severe concomitant diseases (malaria, tuberculosis, liver cirrhosis, and others.);
- it is typical for the place where the causative agent of syphilis was introduced, for example, have penetrated the region of the penis frenulum;
- are bipolar chancres (both occurred infection of the mouth and genitals), when the body is quickly saturated with Treponema pallidum, and it began to develop immune changes;
- people infected with syphilis again after it was complete cure of syphilis infection.
clinical picture of syphilis begins to show erosions and ulcers.Treponema pallidum begin to breed at the place of introduction, after which they begin their penetration into blood vessels, lymphatic capillaries and regional lymph nodes.
incubation period for syphilis is characterized by the negative results of the serological tests and the complete absence of any sign of the disease.