In the initial stages of lung cancer there is little sign of it.The disease is difficult to see and recognize.This is a big problem for those who closely monitor their health.The first signs of the disease are actively manifested only in the third or fourth stages.On these stages it can be treated only palliative.It is important to know the early signs of tumors of the lung, to be able to at least some way to recognize the disease in the initial stages.Know the symptoms of lung tumors should anyone in particular, smokers and people who work in manufacturing, associated with toxic poisons.According to statistics, 90% of men and 70% women lung cancers arise from the carcinogenic effects on the lungs and the body of tobacco.In active smokers lung cancer risk is increased by 13 times, while the passive those who inhales the cigarette smoke - 1.5.When poisoning with chemical poisons ill with lung cancer 15% of men and 5% of women.
The above statistics no surprise, as many do not pay attention.But such facts
first signs of lung cancer
We considered risk groups now consider the signs and symptoms of the disease:
- From nowhere appeared hoarseness in his voice, which does not pass.In this case there adromia which relate to the apparatus of the vocal cords, this is due to the fact that the recurrent nerve compressed growing tumor (nervus laryngeus recurrens);
- Standing with breathing difficulties shortness of breath (inspiratory type), with which the process wears off the lumen of the alveoli (atelektazirovanie), caused by the growing tumor;
- chest pain caused by tumor invasion into the pleura of the lungs;
- With the growth of the tumor through the lymphatic vessels (lymphatic metastasis) compressed nerve trunks, causing pupillary constriction, narrowing eye target, endophthalmitis - deep planting eyes (Horner's syndrome) and is manifested by various neurological symptoms: anhidrosis - a decrease or cessation of sweating on the face;
- After the defeat of the phrenic nerve, which is located directly next to the light, there are shortness of breath.The result of this defeat is a disruption of the diaphragm;
- Increased body temperature is not associated with any inflammatory processes (evening subfibrinitet).
are also possible such features as:
necessary to immediately contact a doctor if you have the following symptoms:
- strong and not passing cough;
- sputum with blood;
- rapid weight loss, and even kehaksiya.
Based on the clinical and anatomical classification of lung cancer, there are various forms of the disease, which has its own clinical features:
- peripheral form of lung cancer develops from the bronchioles (smaller bronchi) or localized directly to the lung tissue, alveolar (lung parenchyma);
- central form of lung cancer develops from the large bronchi;
- Atypical forms of lung cancer: mediastinal (multiple metastases to mediastinal lymph nodes without specific localization of the primary tumor), bone, brain, liver, and so on. D.
Symptoms of peripheral forms of lung cancer
symptoms are absent, as in the lung tissueno nerve endings.This kind of disease is diagnosed at later stages.The first signs appear at a pressure of tumor located near the organs and structures.
most characteristic symptoms in peripheral lung cancer are shortness of breath and pain in the chest.The manifestation of dyspnea depends entirely on the size of the tumor, the degree of compression of the anatomical structures of the mediastinum large veins, trachea and bronchi.According to statistics, dyspnea observed in 50% of patients, but only 10% of the disease is detected in its early stages;
pain in the chest area concerned 20 - 50% of patients.The pains are periodic or permanent, usually located on the side of the affected lung.Non-respiratory acts, pain often appear during germination of tumors in the pleura and chest;
bronchial tumor invasion is accompanied by cough with expectoration of blood.But these are early symptoms of peripheral lung cancer;
fever, fatigue, weakness are signs of the overall impact of tumors on the body;
Upon germination of the tumor in the large bronchi, and constriction of its lumen in the late stages of peripheral lung cancer clinical picture is similar to the central form of the disease.
Symptoms of central form of lung cancer
primary symptoms (emergence of the primary tumor in the lumen of the bronchus) occur sooner:
- sputum with blood observed in 50% of patients.Blood in the sputum is visible in the form of streaks of scarlet.A sputum red-pink color characterizes the later stages of the disease.
- Pain in the chest of varying intensity suffers 60% of patients from the affected lung, but 10% of patients may experience pain and on the opposite side.
- cough that occurs in the early stages of the disease, occurs in 80 - 90% of patients and is a reflex.Isolation of mucous or purulent sputum cough is accompanied by progression of the disease.
- related to the size of the lumen of the affected bronchi shortness of breath occurs in 30 - 40% of patients.It can also occur due to compression of large veins and arteries of the lungs, mediastinum vessels, fluid collects between the chest and the lungs (pleural effusion).
- Symptoms of obstructive pneumonitis (closing the lumen of the bronchus) that flows fleeting, recurs and develops against the backdrop of segmental atelectasis or equity (atelectasis), which have a specific radiological symptoms.
Secondary symptoms develop at various inflammations accompanying cancer, or metastasis.It may also be affected and adjacent organs, but it occurs in later stages.
Common signs include: weakness, fatigue, dramatic weight loss, reduced work capacity, and other symptoms.Such symptoms causes swelling that can accompany a variety of inflammatory complications.
According to statistics, approximately 25% of patients with tumors in the lung symptoms.The tumor is detected at the same time by passing an ordinary X-ray examination of the chest or CT scan.The tumor is in the pictures separate entity, like a small coin.