Under autoimmune thyroiditis (AIT) is understood to chronic inflammation of the thyroid, which is characterized by the possession of an autoimmune origin.The disease is associated with damage and destruction of follicles and follicular cell cancer.Treatment of autoimmune thyroiditis AIT can be carried out using thyroid drugs, glucocorticoids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, therapies, folk remedies.In addition, the possibility of surgery.
Treatment with thyroid medication
as the main method of treatment of autoimmune thyroiditis thyroid drugs used application, containing thyroid hormones.The therapeutic benefits derived from the use of thyroid drugs, due to the fact that the blood contains increased concentration of thyroxine and triiodothyronine than inhibits the synthesis and release of hormones and stops tiroetropnogo zobogenny its impact;reduced production of antithyroid antibodies, increases the function of T-lymphocytes suppressor;eliminated the clinical and subclinical signs of hypothyro
Most immunomodulating activity and therapeutic efficacy characteristic of triiodothyronine.Treatment with thyroid drugs takes many months or years, and in the case of hypothyroidism - lasts for life.If
from the use of thyroid drugs have side effects, it is necessary to dose reduction or interruption in receiving funds.
glucocorticoid therapy in the treatment of autoimmune thyroiditis is carried out by glucocorticoids suppress autoimmune reactions and the formation of anti-thyroid autoantibodies.This group of drugs indicated for:
- no effect on the treatment of optimal doses of thyroid drugs group for 3-4 months, especially in the case of very high titers of antithyroid antibodies,
- autoimmune thyroiditis, accompanied by acute inflammation and the presence of severe pain syndrome;
- combination of autoimmune thyroiditis and other autoimmune zabolevanits (systemic lupus erythematosus, etc.), When the use of glucocorticoid funds acts as the primary method of treatment.
To reduce the titer of autoantibodies, involves the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents: indomethacin, indomethacin, Voltaren.In addition, using drugs aimed at correcting the immune adaptogens, vitamins.
Surgical treatment of autoimmune thyroiditis
surgical treatment of autoimmune thyroiditis is useful when:
- thyroid enlargement 3-4 degrees, which is accompanied by a non-uniform density, and if you can not exclude the presence of a node;
- the presence of symptoms of compression and narrowing of the esophagus and trachea;
- stock units;
- progressive growth of the crop, despite the implementation of a conservative therapy for 1-1.5 years;
- is suspected malignant degeneration, which is based on biopsy;
- cosmetic disfigurement of the neck.
thyroid gland is completely removed in the case of:
- if autoimmune thyroiditis serves as the organ-an autoimmune disease;
- monitoring recurrence and growth of the remaining thyroid tissue after resection;
- of postoperative hypothyroidism;
- compensation hypothyroidism.
After the operation the patient is provided for the appointment of lifelong treatment with thyroid medication taken in optimal doses, which is called euthyroid state.
therapies on the immune system has a normalizing effect.To one of the most common concerns levomizol immunomodulators (dekaris), which is indicated for:
- inefficiency thyroid drugs, or the presence of the indications for their use;
- combination of autoimmune thyroiditis with other autoimmune diseases;
- marked decrease in the number of small lymphocytes and large increase in the number of lymphocytes in the thyroid gland punctate;
- cell type autoimmune disorders.
During the course of treatment and in the end it is advisable check parameters of the immune system.Levamisole stimulated T-lymphocyte function, but is likely to stimulate the B lymphocytes.
When mixed type of autoimmune disorders as recommended immunomodeliruyuschego means receiving aminocaproic acid during the 5 months to 3 g per day.
Treatment folk remedies
Proper treatment of folk remedies may be imposed only by a doctor, with regular control tests on hormones.
not recommended the use of immunomodulators and immunostimulants, including those that are of natural origin.It is important to respect the principles of healthy eating, do not forget about eating fruits and vegetables.If necessary, the period of emotional and physical stress, stress, disease, may be receiving multivitamin preparations, for example, Vitrum, Centrum, Supradin and others.
Chronic administration of excessive amounts of iodine (including the adoption of baths in which the added salt iodine) increasesthe frequency of autoimmune thyroiditis, as it entails an increase in the number of antibodies to the cells of the thyroid gland.
Especially for luxmama.ru Irina Vasilyeva