Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin which exists in 4 forms.Lack of vitamin E may occur in the case of diet, which excludes the consumption of fat, birth control pills, during menopause, when the consumption of chlorinated water.E - vitamin deficiency may be suspected by many manifestations, which will be described below.
Symptoms of E-vitamin deficiency symptoms
E-vitamin deficiency in the first place, are failures in the functioning of the reproductive system, as vitamin E is important for the sexual sphere.When vitamin deficiency E holds fatty degeneration of the liver cells.
Symptoms of E - avitominoz include:
- muscle and nerve disorders;
- metabolic disorders;
- inflammation of the digestive tract;
- reduction in life expectancy of red blood cells;
- weakening of visual acuity;
- brittle nails;
- dry skin.
Symptoms of vitamin E deficiency in infants
In infants the symptoms of vitamin E deficiency include:
- appetite loss;
- stunted growth and weight loss;
- development of retinopathy of
- problems of mental and physical development.
Signs of vitamin E deficiency in children
signs of vitamin E deficiency in children are:
- presence of chronic liver disease and gastric tract, which causes neurological disorders;
- occurrence of ataxia limbs and trunk;
- presence of cerebellar ataxia spinal-(lack of coordination), in which the stretch reflex is lost;
- occurrence of ophthalmoplegia;
- appearance of muscle weakness;
- development dysarthria (disorders of articulation);
- appearance of ptosis (drooping of the upper eyelid);
Signs of vitamin E deficiency, characteristic for adults
for adults is characterized by the following indicators of a lack of vitamin E:
- hemolytic anemia of moderate severity;
- nonspecific neurological disorders;
- genital disorders (infertility);
- skin pigmentation;
- neurological damage;
- abnormalities of muscle function, bone and brain, liver;
- diseases caused by insufficient amount of vitamin E.
addition, adults may be present intermittent claudication, the appearance during walking pain and cramps in the calves.Pain is caused by the accumulation of metabolic products in the blood, thus supplied to the muscles not required amount of oxygen.Painful cramps in the legs may also indicate a lack of vitamin E. This is a fairly common symptom, the pain is so strong that people in the night jump out of bed, trying to step on the foot, rub the muscles change position.Seizures may be repeated every night for years.Most such phenomena experienced by women after the age of 50 years, due to the sexual activity of the gonads.The appearance of painful spasms may not only in the case of vitamin E deficiency, but in the case of a magnesium deficiency in an organism, vitamin B12, nerve overvoltage of oxygen deficiency.
other ailments, pointing to a lack of vitamin E
Vitamin E - an effective tool used for the treatment of various complications that are associated with menopause.If you just pick up the individual dose of tocopherol, the patient literally fled from the occurrence of various complications (hot flashes, pain, hysteria).But there are people who have an increased sensitivity to vitamin E, and people with heart disease, diabetes, hypertension is recommended to start with small doses, which can be gradually increased as required under the supervision of a specialist.
better absorption of Vitamin E occurs if drinking it for 30-60 minutes before a meal not on an empty stomach.At the same time in the stomach must be at least a small amount of fat, which is soluble vitamin E can eat fruit with nuts, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, which are rich in vegetable fats.