heart murmur represents the acoustic phenomenon which is due to the fact that blood vessels in the heart and blood flow varies.Most experts cardiologists asserts that a heart murmur in an adult talk about the presence of any heart disease, which is the occasion to conduct a full investigation of cardiology.
types of noise in the heart of an adult
Medicine noise divided into organic, which indicate the presence of cardiac disease, and functionality, which are "innocent" noise.Under organic heart murmurs refers to noise that may occur due to a congenital or acquired defect, but also because of other heart disease.In most cases, the organic noise arises from the valve or septal defect (VSD and atrial septal).Organic noises are hard, tough, persistent voice;loud, sharp intensity;they are long, they are characterized by carrying out the boundaries of the heart, axillary or interscapular region.After exercise Organic noise increases;celebrated their same audibility in any position of the body, they have a
Functional heart murmurs are called "innocent" because not found a link with heart disease, they may be auscultated in the presence of other diseases that are not associated with heart disease.Functional sounds are soft, musical, intermittent tone, low intensity, they are short, beyond the heart is not provided.After exercise marked weakening, noise character varies depending on the position in which the body is situated, and they have no connection with the cardiac tones.
types of heart murmurs
heart murmurs represented by the following types:
- systolic murmurs, which, in turn, can be holosystolic (pansystolic) srednesistolicheskimi, systolic early, mid-late systolic;
- diastolic, which can be high-early diastolic srednediastolicheskimi, presystolic;
- continuous (systolic) noise.
Why am I having a heart murmur
identifies several reasons why in the heart of an adult having noise, including:
- high rate of blood flow;
- presence of blood flow into the expanded chamber of the heart, passing through the narrowed or deformed hole;
- occurrence of blood regurgitation (backflow) through an incompetent valve.
Diagnostics heart murmur
To diagnose heart murmurs auscultation is used, which is a highly informative method of diagnostics of diseases of the cardiovascular system.It is based on listening to the sound effects, which are associated with the activity of the cardiovascular system.In addition, a heart murmur detected by:
- chest radiography;
- echocardiography (ECG);
- cardiac catheterization;
- stress tests.
The intensity of heart murmurs
In order to measure the intensity of heart sounds using the following samples:
- breath (of right heart inspiratory noise increases from left heart expiratory noise increases);
- Valsalva maneuver (forced exhalation against a closed mouth and nose);
- physical exercise (isotonic, isometric, carpal dynamometer);
- positional changes (sit-ups, changes in body position, lifting the legs from a prone position);
- extrasystoles or atrial fibrillation;
- pharmacological intervention (inhalation drugs);
- temporary arterial occlusion (clamping both hands by a bilateral air cuff).
If it was found to have a disease of the cardiovascular system, it is recommended to carry out the treatment, depending on what the etiology of the disease.