One of the most common reasons for seeking medical attention is a headache.These studies indicate that chronic or episodic headaches complain more than 70% of the population of developed countries.Headache can be either the principal or in some cases, the only complaint in the more than forty different diseases: depressive states, neurosis, hypertension, renal or endocrine disease, hypotension, diseases of the nervous system, eyes, upper respiratory tract, and so on.
types of headaches
in medicine are four main types of headaches:
- headaches when liquorodynamic disorders or organic brain disease;
- vascular headaches, including migraines and pain of pressure rise in patients suffering from hypertension;
- psychogenic headaches, tension headaches, are the most common type of headache;
- headaches that are caused by extracerebral causes.
liquorodynamic headache disorders and organic brain diseases arise:
- a result of head injuries;
- the presence of space-occupying lesions in the br
- as accompanying inflammatory disease (meningoencephalitis, meningitis and other).
Possible causes migraine may provide certain medications, stress, caffeine, alcohol, fatigue, hunger, bright light, environmental factors.
reason for tension headaches, the most common form of headache is mental strain resulting from chronic or acute stress.It often occurs in people with overt or masked depression, high levels of anxiety.
extracerebral causes of headaches are:
- infectious diseases;
- effects of drugs and chemicals;
- metabolic disorders (dialysis, hypercapnia, hypoxia);
- pathology skull, mouth, sinuses, nose, ears, eyes, neck and other structures of the skull and face;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Symptoms of tension headaches are:
- non-pulsating, constant headache;
- uncomfortable feeling is not reinforce or increase slightly in the course of daily business class;
- feeling of pressure and tension in the neck and head.
symptoms of migraine:
- throbbing pain with increasing intensity;
- increased pain when walking;
- often focus the pain in any part of the head;
- painful reaction to light;
Headaches in the presence of structures in the brain are generally characterized by pain in the morning, which may be accompanied by nausea.
When raising blood pressure in people with hypertension, headache, pressing, heavy, throbbing, usually occurs in the head and neck.
long-lasting headache require mandatory investigation.Diagnosis of a headache to determine its cause includes the following methods:
- X-ray computer tomography of the brain helps to detect in the cranial cavity volume of education, malformation of the brain, the symptoms of hydrocephalus zone circulatory disorders, traumatic injuries;
- magnetic resonance imaging of the spine and brain, and makes it possible to diagnose brain and spinal cord;
- magnetic resonance angiography is a new technique that allows, without introducing contrast agents, to assess the state of intracerebral and neck veins and blood vessels;
- blood pressure monitoring provides an opportunity to discover the hidden hypertension, reveal features of daily fluctuations in blood pressure and prescribe treatment to reduce it;
- blood tests carried out for signs of inflammation and infections;
- inspection ophthalmologist is required in all cases, as the true cause of the pain help to identify possible changes in the fundus.
At a headache to reduce its ripple can be used constricts blood vessels cold compresses.Cramping heads will help loosen a hot shower, which relaxes the muscles of the neck and head.Perhaps treatment of headache using proprietary analgesics such as acetaminophen, aspirin, naproxen, tempalgin ibuprofen.For the treatment of migraine has begun doctors prescribe zolmitriptan, paratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan.In the treatment of headaches and used manual therapy, massage, acupuncture, therapeutic injections of Botox.
relieve spasms of blood vessels can feverfew tincture (40 drops), or a piece of fresh plant daily.To prevent spasms of blood vessels can be regularly consuming rosemary, brewed as a tea.
With very intensive and frequent headaches sure to appeal to the doctor.Similarly, to determine the cause of pain, if necessary, conducting further tests, the doctor can only.He will appoint an appropriate treatment or hospitalization offer for a thorough examination and selection of treatment.
To avoid headaches should try to observe the regime.It is advisable to eat 3-6 times a day at approximately the same time in small portions, exercise, try to avoid stress, excessive stress.Also, for the prevention of headache is necessary to be outdoors, to reduce the dose of caffeine a day with active lifestyles to drink about two liters of water.
Any kind of pain is a signal of damage or abuse in humans.Neglect experts are not worth it, because to figure out the causes of headache, diagnose and prescribe adequate treatment can only be experienced doctor.