first suffer gums, then the deeper tissue around the tooth.To avoid periodontal disease, it is enough to take care of oral health: brushing teeth, floss and often smiling at her reflection in the mirror!
Studies in Europe, the World Health Organization showed that 90% of adults there are problems with the gums , iethere is a risk of periodontal disease.Want to check, does not concern whether the problem is and you?
Stand in front of a mirror, wide smile and take a closer look, the look of your gums. If they are pink, shiny, and add up to a pattern of half circles connected, it means nothing to them threatening.You can chew on hard nuts, croutons crunch and chew the cud.If not - read on.
first signs of periodontitis
Problems can occur if you do not brush your teeth twice a day (morning and evening for at least three minutes).Then they postponed plaque and food debris that accumulate bacteria.If plaque is not removed, or not thoroughly removed, it envelops the tooth that is becoming thicker.
easy going on the rock sediment - a collection of bacteria that cause gum disease. They begin to bleed during brushing or eating solid foods, such as nuts or loaves.As the inflammation of the gums become red, swollen and painful.
Another alarming sign - constant bad breath.
inflammation must be cured quickly; if you do not, no longer fit the gums to the teeth, and so on are formed around them. N.pockets.So developing periodontitis.The disease, which begins with the inflammation of the gums and then proceeds to periodontal tissue responsible for ensuring that the tooth tightly held.
When running periodontitis teeth become loose, which may result in their loss.
sometimes a tendency to periodontitis is transmitted genetically.
worth noting that most of the patients and some doctors call all periodontal diseases associated with damage to periodontal tissues, periodontal disease.This term refers to gingivitis, periodontitis and periodontal disease itself.At the same time the most common disease - periodontitis.
Medicine. Many drugs (antidepressants, cough and cold remedies, etc.) Comprise substances which reduce salivation, which leads to increased formation of tartar.
Smoking. Tobacco lowers the immune system and creates a favorable environment for microbial growth.
Power.To gum disease can cause poor diet, particularly excess of sugar and lack of calcium and vitamins C and B.
disease. In diabetes and chronic diseases of the internal organs of the body's defenses are down, which can lead to gum disease.
Heredity. Sometimes periodontitis occurs in healthy people, even with good nutrition and good hygiene.In this case, we can talk about a genetic predisposition to the disease.
Prevent periodontitis - teeth cleaning
Periodontal disease can be prevented.The sooner you act, the less risk that they will develop.
- Brushing your teeth in the morning and in the evening (ideally - after each meal) - the best way to fight tooth decay, as well as the assurance that you will have strong healthy gums.
- For daily dental care is necessary first of all correctly selected toothbrush of medium hardness with better elastic elastic handle.
- Do not press the brush too hard against the teeth and gums.It is easy enough to massage them in different directions circular movements.So you will remove dirt, while pressing the gum to the neck of the teeth.
- If you are not very good, ask your dentist to show you what movements are correct.
- brush removes most of the pollutants, but can not penetrate into the space between the teeth.Therefore floss.It allows you to clean hard to reach areas between closely contiguous teeth.Treat your teeth and floss needed during the day, after a meal, to not get stuck between the teeth of food residues, which are the breeding ground for bacteria that cause not only tooth decay but also gum disease.
- If you can not do it after eating chew sugarless gum.According to dentists, it is also very useful for oral hygiene, because it promotes the release of saliva, which helps to remove food residue and neutralize the acid produced by bacteria.But do not chew it longer than 15-20 minutes.
- If teeth have wide apart, carefully clean their special single-beam toothbrush or interdental cleaning brush.They can be bought at a pharmacy.
Medical toothpaste against periodontitis
Choosing the right toothpaste will help you in the care of sensitive gums prone to inflammation and periodontitis. It must contain fluoride (prevents the development of caries) and other elements necessary to teeth and gums with the threat of periodontal disease.This is mostly herbal extracts which reduce tooth sensitivity and have anti-inflammatory effects.
Good results bring a special liquid for rinsing the mouth. They prevent plaque formation and slow the growth of bacteria.Some manufacturers of antibacterial mouthwash advised to rinse your mouth before brushing.They argue that relaxed so plaque will be easier to clean brush and paste.
But before you start using mouthwash, consult your dentist.The fact that such preparations may contain alcohol which makes really shrink gums.But gum is not always good.
sometimes more useful can be cooked at home rinsing of herbal infusions, such as sage (anti-inflammatory), arnica (heals bleeding gums), St. John's wort (reduces swelling).If home treatment does not bring you relief, consult your dentist.
Periodontitis - what to do?
Since the main cause of periodontal disease is plaque, it is important that you regularly delete it from your teeth.This can make dentist or by conventional ultrasonic techniques.The treatment of periodontal disease and periodontal disease has been periodontist.Most likely, he will direct you to the X-ray, which will be seen not only the teeth, but also the roots, along with the bone.On the basis of the picture the doctor will suggest further treatment.Regardless of the cause of disease, modern medicine has the means to successfully treat periodontitis.
Sometimes it is enough just to take antibiotics, but if periodontitis is running, there are special surgical procedures by which you can speed up recovery or replace the damaged bone tissue preparation.