Today's families are very different in composition from the families of our grandmothers.If earlier the large family was the norm, and the children there were not three, but at least 5-10, now three children - it is a lot.Increasingly, the family grows the only child who is given all the attention and care of parents.The reasons for the minimum number of births:
1. Pregnancy increasingly planned.This means that a woman decides at what age she wants to become a mother.Most often planned pregnancy is not young, but rather mature age, sometimes closer to 30 years, or even later.In this case, to have a second child interferes with age and sometimes faulty maternal health.
2. Women are more likely to prefer to combine a career and financial stability with motherhood.Gone are the days when the purpose of becoming a mother was the sole purpose for the woman.Now in society are appreciated not only by women, have dedicated their lives to motherhood, but also successfully held the ladies.And the presence of
3. Lack of support from the family.Most modern grandmother live an active life and wants to devote the rest of the life of grandchildren.The family decides to give all single child so as not to infringe upon him of anything.In this case, the second child is perceived as an obstacle on the path to happiness and well-being first.
Whatever the reasons for which the family grows only child, in relation to it was formed a few myths that are still actively promoted in society.Many people, especially those who grew up in large families believe this kid's potential selfish, spoiled and maladjusted to life, quarrelsome person in a group who understands and hears only himself.However, it is not so.
It all depends on how well brought up an only child.Most people who grew up in large families, all of the above have a negative qualities only because their education has received little attention and time.Therefore, we will try to debunk myths about the only child that does not always correspond to reality.
Myths only child
1. An only child is different from children who grew up with sisters and brothers.The opinion is erroneous, since every person is different, and the statistics about how happy and successful each particular resident of a particular country, to lead impossible.It is particularly difficult to do it on his own family.
2. An only child feels lonely that life prevents it from being sociable person.It all depends on the kid.Such a child may be the soul of the company, and his friends can be a lot.The only question in his personal sensitivity and sociability, and these forces to raise quality and only child, and several children in the family.
3. single spoiled kid is nothing more than a stereotype.In the absence of clear rules and moral attitudes in the family can grow somewhat spoiled, unmanaged individuals who subsequently deliver a lot of trouble to parents.In contrast, with proper pedagogical approach to child-rearing is the only kid not especially capricious and content that it can give a parent family.Children pamper themselves unable to, then the problem - with regard to the issue of parents.
4. An only child not to care about the problems of the family, since it is selfish.Another stereotype that has nothing to do with reality.Grateful to my parents for care.An only child is quite capable of taking care of them better than some children, which challenges parents may well not to worry at all.There are irrelevant personal characteristics of children, rather than their number.
5. A child is more demanding of their parents than a child who grew up with a brother or sister.It depends not on the demands of a particular child, but from his relationship to his parents.Every child needs parental care and attention, whether it is one or more children.
The baby growing one, suffered from loneliness, it is necessary to help establish contacts with family and friends.In order that the child had a lot of like-minded friends, you need to create a social circle.To begin with it can be a playground or daycare, then clubs, for example, drawing a circle or section of swimming.You can make friends with mothers who have children the same age, and invite them to visit, arranging joint tea party.And find common ground with adults to help meet other family members who may also be mentors for the child and older friends.