Staphylococcus aureus - a bacterium that can cause in the human body a variety of diseases purulent character, leading to severe lesions of many organs.For example, on the skin of the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus stimulates the formation of boils, in infants causing "pemphigus newborn" in human lungs causes the development of staphylococcal pneumonia in the female breast - mastitis.
The infant gut Staphylococcus aureus can cause the development of dysbiosis, baby skin - acne, rashes, blood - sepsis, on the nasopharyngeal mucosa - pharyngitis and tonsillitis.The list of dangerous diseases caused by staphylococcus, may take a few pages.One thing is clear: Staphylococcus aureus, causing purulent inflammation, can cause serious damage any organ in there including the brain and bones.
Staphylococcus peculiarity is its opportunistic nature, meaning that the presence of the bacterium in the human body does not necessarily give rise to inflammations and diseases.However, once the immune system is reduced
Staphylococcus aureus - is so common infection that can be found even in places where it would seem, should have no place to pathogenic bacteria, ie,in hospitals and maternity hospitals.Efforts to fight staph with antibiotics only lead to an increase in resistant staphylococci, and long-term treatment with antibiotics destroys the body's own body, and staphylococcal infection only "blooms."
Another small clarification: the threat to human health not the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus, and the products of its life. These bacteria produce enterotoxin - a substance that, once, for example, weak gastrointestinal tract of the child, causes diarrhea, green stools, abdominal pain and vomiting.The weaker children's immunity, the more active breeds aureus, and the more dangerous toxins it produces.
staph bacteria highly resistant to adverse conditions of its environment.It can even survive in salt and hydrogen peroxide, because of its ability to produce lipase - an enzyme that can break down fat.Lipase is also found in breast milk, because of what the medicine is considered to be the mother's milk is the main source of infection grudnichka staph infection.But in fact, the bacterium is present literally everywhere - on all subjects, things, products, and even in the seemingly sterile hospital environment.
See also: Staphylococcus aureus in newborns
How is Staphylococcus aureus?
As Staphylococcus aureus is an opportunistic bacterium, he quietly exist on all surfaces, including the human nasal mucosa, genital organs, intestines, etc.It is enough to get sick child, for example, cold or flu, move heavy trauma or surgery, get goiter and be treated with antibiotics, as the immune system weakens, and Staphylococcus immediately proceed to active reproduction.
kids constantly ill with acute respiratory viral infection, and premature babies, as well as their mother, after which the body is weakened after previous births, easily infected with Staphylococcus aureus, because of which the body develops purulent inflammation.
signs that the infection staph infection
1. A variety of skin lesions, including: boils, pimples, erysipelas, a skin inflammation as a scarlet fever.These symptoms indicate that the body from the inside struck staphylococcus.
2. Staphylococcal angina, which is not much different from streptococcal externally, but can not be cured with penicillin.
3. Staphylococcal pneumonia, which differs from the usual rapid development of pneumonia, acute course, pronounced fever, as well as many other serious symptoms, such as shortness of breath, flushing, tachycardia, etc.Staphylococcal pneumonia may have a primary character, and may develop as a continuation of the viral infections - measles, influenza and others.
4. Staphylococcal enterocolitis often affects the intestine as a result of treatment with broad spectrum antibiotics.About the beginning of the disease indicates a sharp jump in temperature and symptoms of acute poisoning bowel 5-6 hours after infection.
5. Staphylococcal meningitis develops, usually on the basis of sepsis.
6. Purulent mastitis breastfeeding women.In this case, feeding the baby should be stopped and resumed only after the absolute recovery of the mother.
7. Toxic shock syndrome.
When the body of a child severely affected by staphylococcus, it immediately becomes clear from the many characteristic manifestations of the disease.On the development of staphylococcal infections and skin will signal its rash and high fever, and intestinal disorders - diarrhea, cramps, vomiting.
How to treat Staphylococcus aureus in children?
All of the above diseases, which can cause Staphylococcus aureus, develop when the immune system reduces the child's body.All of these diseases should be treated either in an outpatient setting or placing the child in hospital sterile box if the disease has gone too far.
baby breast feeding should be stopped, but his mother is sick purulent mastitis.In all other cases, to stop breastfeeding should not be, because it is not a likely cause of the infection, and poor hygiene.Child should be applied to the chest so to prevent injury to the nipples, or through cracked nipples will transmit infection.
In the formation of cracks in the breast should be treated with chest hlorofiliptom that kills staph bacteria.Compliance with sanitary norms sure everything: dishes, juices, bottles should be boiled;wash clothes and linens;toys clean;in premises subject to regular wet cleaning.
Antibiotic therapy is conducted in diseases caused by Staphylococcus aureus, the following forms of
1. Diarrhea green, the content of mucus in the feces of the Child, vomiting, abdominal pain, fever.So it manifests itself staphylococcal enterocolitis - an intestinal infection, which should be treated in a hospital.If the child's mother is not mastitis, the breast-feeding should continue.Probable cause infection - poor standards of hygiene, the transmission of infection through food.
2. Pemphigus newborn - purulent skin disease.Skin rash bubbly baby covered with muddy liquid inside.Treat the disease in a hospital, treating skin antiseptics and making the injection of the antibiotic.In severe forms of the disease may require blood transfusions.
3. purulent conjunctivitis.If laboratory tests have shown that the cause of the disease is Staphylococcus aureus, that are used for the treatment of antibacterial ointment and eye drops.
4. abscesses on the head and the body of a baby's.Accompanied by fever and weakness in the development of the child.Treat the disease antihistamines and antibiotics, vitamins and skin treatments.
5. Phlegmon - edema and swelling of the skin, which are purulent inflammation of subcutaneous fat.Accompanied by reddening of the skin, sharp pains, fever.Cellulitis treated with antibiotics and surgically.
6. Sepsis - a serious manifestation of staphylococcal infections.Most often sepsis infected frail and premature newborn babies through the umbilical wound.Treat Sepsis complex: antibiotics, vitamins, blood transfusions.Breast milk can not pass septicemia, so it is strongly recommended to continue breastfeeding for its strengthening and enhancing the body's defenses.
What should be the prevention of Staphylococcus in infants?
Staphylococcus aureus is dangerous not only for its ability to trigger the body's inflammatory processes.Dangerous staph and that:
1. immunity to this infection in humans is not produced, so that it can be hurt throughout life, recovering and becoming infected again and again;
2. Staphylococcus aureus at very high adaptability to antibiotics and penicillin, he did not react.The vast majority of antiseptic preparations aureus is not valid.Once in unfavorable temperature conditions aureus survives even at + 150C for 10 minutes.Ethyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide are not afraid of staphylococcus.But Zelenka and hlorofilipt detrimental effect on Staphylococcus aureus.
Given the above features of staphylococcal bacteria that are important conditions for preventing this infection is to increase immunity and observance of sanitary norms by taking the following measures:
1. good support and strengthens the immune system grudnichka breastfeeding, which should be stopped only if the mother's disease mastitis;
2. Careful handling of food;
3. cleaning and washing of all that surrounds the child;
4. boiling Children's dishes, bottles and teats;
5. regular wet cleaning a child's room;
6. timely processing of children's bruises, wounds and cuts brilliant green.
This is the minimum set of conditions under which the likelihood of the disease the child staphylococcal infection will be greatly reduced, and possibly reduced to zero.