August
12
19:18
Children // Childhood diseases

If the child is stung by a wasp or bee

If the child is stung by a wasp or bee

Young children love sweets, and sweets often attract bees and wasps, which can get lost in the folds of baby clothes or may be accidentally crushed by children's hands.The natural protective reaction of an insect - a bite that can turn a child the most unpredictable consequences.

For young children, a bee sting or wasp is dangerous more than adults, because the bite of a child receives a much larger portion of insect venom per kilogram of body weight.Although most children sting causes local swelling and only a short rise in temperature, some kids may develop a severe allergic reaction.

The main symptoms of the bite of wasps and bees:

  • redness at the site of the bite;

  • rapidly growing tumor;

  • itching, burning and pain.

toxic effects of bee and wasp venoms is basically the same, but after a bee sting in the skin stuck pouch that urgently need to be removed, so that it stands out from the poison did not lead to unpleasant consequences for a child's body.

What is dangerous for a baby bee or
wasp sting?

Severity sting varies, depending on how sensitive the child's body to the poison.The more venom was injected into the skin by the bite of a child, the stronger the reaction.

course, has a value and the number of bites, if the baby stung a few insects, he faces serious complications.Although, in the case of high or are hypersensitive to bee venom wasp, a child can scroll shock even one little bite.

most dangerous bites in the head, mouth, mucous membrane of the eye.If an insect sting in the lining of the mouth, then it developed severe swelling, due to which there are problems with breathing m. In such cases, an urgent need to put ice in your mouth and start constantly swallow his pieces.

If the baby does not tolerate stings of bees and wasps, in addition to angry tumor on the site of the bite, the child begins to shake from the chill, will be fever, dizziness and shortness of breath, participation pulse, begin warm and headaches, convulsions, develop a state of shock.

What should be the reaction of parents to the baby bee sting or wasp?

predict the reaction of the kid in the sting possible.Therefore, parents whose child has been stung by an insect, it is necessary to closely monitor the reaction of the child's body, as this reaction is not always immediate, and can develop gradually, going, eventually severe.

If the child responds to bee or wasp bite fever, shortness of breath, nausea, arrhythmia and tachycardia, cramps and a headache, even one of these symptoms is enough to seek emergency medical care.

If the child's body reaction to the bite occurs only in the form of local irritation and swelling, parents can restrict listed below first aid measures.

Article topic: Child bitten by a tick

first help the child of a bee sting or wasp

If the child is stung by a bee, then first of all remove the sting out of the bite.Wasps and hornets, unlike the bees do not leave stingers.As soon as possible wash the bite with alcohol and apply ice, which will remove the itching and pain, and will not allow edema grow rapidly.If

kits near there, lubricate the bite earwax.Well heals and relieves the effects of insect bites parsley juice or plantain.It is necessary to grind the plant and squeeze out the juice into the wound, and then vigorously poterebit paper and attach to the site of the bite.

even more easy and fast way - cut onion, which should be applied to the wound site slice.In all these methods the pain from the bite will take place almost immediately, the tumor will stop growing and will soon subside completely.

If you do not have any of the above tools, you can try to alleviate the condition of the child stung, wet towel or cloth in cold water and attached to the site of the bite.It is forbidden to apply to the wound moist earth, sand or clay.Facilitating such a measure is unlikely to bring, but the infection will cause very easily.

Call emergency medical treatment is necessary as soon as possible if:
  • child suffers from allergies;

  • insect stung the child in any location on the head or into a blood vessel;

  • child's condition is rapidly deteriorating, and he reacts fever, fainting, vomiting, etc.

Young children with asthma, food allergies and allergies to pollen, with a high degree of probability will be hard to respond to bee or wasp sting.After contact with poisonous toxins in the blood of the child, he, in addition to the general reaction is dizzy, vomiting appear.In some cases, this condition may be accompanied by involuntary defecation. These symptoms are completed anaphylactic shock, which was very quickly may be followed by death.